Hello, I’m Laura!
My mission in life coaching is to inspire, hold space for, and support women as they ask their own questions, clarify their answers, and take actions that help them create and live their best lives. I support my clients with the following life changes:
- Figuring out who they are now / who they want to be / how to get where they want to go
- Creating new hopes and dreams
- Empty nest
- Career reboot/change
- Primary and family relationships
- Creating new expectations/letting go of old expectations
- Navigating issues around aging parents
- Health issues/healthy living
- Finding work they love/their passion and purpose
- Infertility/adoption/family building
- Goal setting
- Habit changes/new habits
Who do I work with?
My clients are women in their midlife transition who are trying to figure out how to create and navigate the next part of their lives. Some need a new career, some want to travel, some are unhappy in their primary relationship, some want to get healthy, some seek out spiritual growth, some want to set new goals, and some wish to follow their dreams.
They often question their worth and value. Their self-confidence is lagging and they can’t see their way out of the rut they are stuck in. They often struggle with fear of failure, perfectionism, unworthiness, and confidence issues. That’s the bad news.
The good news is that they are in such an uncomfortable place in life that they are committed to their goals, are ready to explore their thoughts and feelings, are open to collaboration, and are willing to deal with resistance when it arrives. They are longing to live to their full potential and be the best person they can possibly be in their lives.
I give my clients all of my attention, encouragement, support, space to reflect, and all of my compassion. In our sessions they are able to clarify and overcome the inner obstacles that keep them stuck. After the blocks are removed, I support them in deciding their next action steps. I love guiding a client out of confusion and numbness into clarity and the excitement of their own life.
What makes me so good at what I do?
I have been through many transitions and difficulties in my life: leaving home at an early age, working since age 15, putting myself through college, a career in marketing, the enormity of infertility, lifelong depression, a 25-year marriage, losing both my parents, the difficult process of adoption, being a stay-at-home mom, empty nest, feeling stuck, lacking up-to-date work skills, despairing about my worth, finding life coaching, and working hard to create my business. I know firsthand about the emotions and feelings that a woman will go through in her lifetime.
I am intuitive, compassionate, a great listener, supportive, funny, encouraging, quick to get to the core of things, honest, direct, and passionate about coaching. I love what I do!
A few things about me:
- I love being a life coach. It lights me up and brings me great joy!
- I really, really believe we have all the answers inside of us.
- I want to support women through life’s transitions and stand as an example of someone who has struggled to be where I finally am in my life.
- I am in my late 50s and I love the freedom that age has given me.
- I am the mother of a smart and beautiful daughter who is away at college.
- I have been married to my sweet husband for 26 years.
- I was a stay-at-home mom for 19 years. It was both challenging and wonderful.
- I found my new life purpose after a year of feeling stuck and hopeless in the empty nest.
- I have gone through the aging, illness, and death of my parents.
- I refuse to be invisible in our society.
- I paddle on a dragon boat team and run for my health. I want to be around for a long time.